GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
PANCHAYAT RAJ AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (RD.III) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. From Commissioner,
2. G.O.Ms.No.419, Revenue Department, Dt.11.7.2002.
3. U.O.No.18379/RM(1)/02-1, Housing Department, dt.15.7.2002.
O R D E R :
In the reference 1st read above, the Commissioner, Women Empowerment and Self Employment, Hyderabad has stated that a meeting had been organized on credit-cum-subsidy scheme regarding housing loan to Self Help Groups in rural areas with the officials of NABARD and State Level Bankers Committee members (Chief Officer, Syndicate Bank Zonal Office, Manager, Indian Bank Circle Office, Chief Manager, SBH, AGM, State Level Bankers Committee members (SLBC), Andhra Bank, RDO, SLBC, Andhra Bank) on 11.01.2002 and discussed about the implementation of the scheme and finalized the guidelines for implementation of the scheme Commissioner, Women Empowerment and Self Employment has requested to issue orders.
2. In the reference 2nd read above orders were issued exempting from payment of stamp duty on all the documents executed by Self Help Groups for construction of houses.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter, hereby approves the guidelines proposed by the Commissioner, Women Empowerment and Self Employment, Hyderabad for implementation of the credit-cum-subsidy scheme (to be named as Gruhini) on housing loans to all SHG members of rural areas in the State as annexed to this Government Order.
4. All the implementing agencies of housing schemes should implement these guidelines with immediate effect.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Housing Department vide their U.O.No.18379/R&M(1)/02-1, Housing Department, dt.15.7.2002.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Commissioner, Women Empowerment and Self Employment,
All implementing Agencies. (District Rural Development Agencies)
NABARD, Regional Office,
Members of State Level Bankers Committee members (SLBC),
(Chief Officer, Syndicate Bank Zonal Office,
A.G.M. SLBC, Andhra Bank, R.D.O., SLBC, Andhra Bank),
OSD to Minister (EG&SSI).
P.S. to Minister (Housing).
P.S. to Minister (Revenue).
The Revenue Department.
The Housing Department.
P.S. to Special Secretary to Chief Minister.
P.S. to Special Chief Secretary (PR&RD)
P.A. to Additional Secretary (RD)
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //
ANNEXURE TO G.O.Ms.No.384, PR&RD (RD.III) DEPARTMENT, Dt.22 .10.2002.
GUIDELINES FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF CREDIT CUM SUBSIDY SCHEME
In Andhra Pradesh state, a large number of women Self Help Groups (SHGs) are functioning effectively. Members of SHGs are saving regularly and their social awareness is remarkable. Majority of them are poor and houseless. Providing shelter to such SHG families will go a long way in infusing a sense of security.
· The GOI have introduced a new scheme called `Credit Cum Subsidy Scheme’ (CCSS) in order to increase the housing and to cater to the needs of rural households. The GOI have given discretionary powers to the state government for selection of beneficiaries and mode of implementation of the scheme. Involving banks including RRBs and Co-operative banks will go a long way to make credit available for construction of houses in rural areas.
· Accordingly the State Government have decided to implement the scheme for the benefit of women Self Help Groups (SHGs) by naming the scheme as “Gruhini”. It is proposed to implement the scheme through women SHGs.
· Rural areas which are at least 20 kms away from the metropolitan and large towns and 5kms away from the small and medium towns will be target area.
2. TARGET GROUP
· The women SHGs members with annual income below Rs.32000/- only are eligible. However, BPL rural households shall be given preference.
· At least 60% of the beneficiaries shall be from SC/ST, freed Bonded labourers and the remaining 40% shall be from Non SC/ST category.
· The beneficiaries should belong to rural areas.
3. SELECTION OF GROUPS:
“A” category groups will be selected under this scheme.
Group with the following basic characteristics will be considered
1. Regular savings.
2. Internal lending.
3. Regular conducting of the meetings and democratic decision making
4. Maintenance of books and records.
5. Having good social awareness
6. Group should have already taken bank loan and established good track record with bank.
Senior most groups among `A’ category will be considered in the beginning.
Date of opening of bank account and regularity of savings is to be considered to decide the seniority.
4. Responsibility for identification of groups
Project Director, District Rural Development Agency ( PD, DRDA) will be responsible for identification of `A’ category SHGs.
5. Identification of Members within SHGs:
SHG is responsible for identification of eligible members within SHG adhering to the following norms.
1. Members with no pucca house alone are to be considered.
2. Members/ husbands should have observed family planning, if they are other wise eligible.
3. Members should have a house site patta either assigned by the Government or purchased/ own land shall be in her name/ spouse name.
4. Members should not possess a pucca house in her or her spouse name and the members already covered under any of the Weaker Section Housing Programme (WSHP)/ Indira Avas Yojana (IAY) etc., shall not be considered at all.
5. Members having only girl children should be preferred.
6. Under any circumstances, no loan should be recommended on encroached lands.
6. PROCEDURE FOR SANCTION:
· The district wise allocation of houses will be communicated to the District Collectors based on the allocations made by the GOI. The selection of beneficiaries shall be restricted to district allocation. Initially 1000 houses per district are proposed to be taken up under the scheme.
· DRDA will allocate bank wise / branch wise targets at district level and such targets will be communicated to State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC) for monitoring at state level.
· On receipt of applications along with the resolution of SHG, Project Director, DRDA will convene meetings of bankers and District Manager Housing (DM (H)) at erstwhile block levels and accord clearance / sanction. The sanction/ rejections should be accorded within one month from the date of receipt of application from SHGs.
· After scrutiny by three organisations, District Collectors will accord administrative sanction.
· Subsidy of Rs.10,000/- will then be released to banks by DM (H). The subsidy is back ended and no interest on loan portion to the equivalent extent of subsidy (Rs.10,000/-) can be charged by bankers.
· Scattered houses are also permitted under the scheme.
7. UNIT COST
· The unit cost pattern to be followed is shown below:
a) Loan component Rs.30,000/-
b) Central Subsidy Rs. 7,500/-
c) State Subsidy Rs. 2,500/-
For loans upto Rs.25000/- (including Rs.10,000/- as back ended subsidy ) no mortgage is required
8. RELEASE OF INSTALMENTS
Bankers after documentation will release the instalments in the following manner.
Rs.250/- will be released to Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Ltd., (APSHCL) by the bank manager towards the administrative charges.
9. Role of SHGs
In the entire process SHG will have a facilitating as well as supervisory role.
SHG will be responsible for selection of eligible beneficiaries, facilitating speedy implementation of scheme and ensuring prompt recovery. The SHG should ensure that house sanctioned will be completed within one year from the date of sanction as delay will increase the cost of construction and leave the beneficiaries in debt trap.
10. Role of APSHCL
· The DM(H) would release the subsidy to the bank.
· The Work Inspector / Assistant Engineer would render necessary technical assistance as and when requested by the SHGs.
· APSHCL would make available the cement, steel and cost effective building materials of NKS (Nirmithi Kendras) to the beneficiaries in required quantities, whenever such request comes from the beneficiaries.
· The APSHCL would collect an administrative cost of Rs.250/- from the bank, the APSHCL will impart necessary training at nirmit kendras before grounding the scheme.
11. Repayment Period:
Repayment period under this scheme will be fixed by bankers depending upon the financial condition of the beneficiaries. However under no circumstances, the repayment period should be less than 5 years and more than 10 years.
12. Charging of Interest:
Interest at PLR (Prime Lending Rate/ RBI directive ) will be charged by bankers only from the date of release of installment to the beneficiary. Installments are to be released to the individual on recommendation of SHG regarding satisfactory utilization of earlier availed amounts.
13. Training :
Every women who is selected under the scheme will be trained on construction especially in using low cost materials at Nirmit Kendras by APSHCL, PD, DRDA and bankers the details of the scheme will be explained in those training programmes
14. Supply of Materials:
Beneficiaries are at their choice to purchase materials from open market. However in case they find material supplied by APSHCL, comparatively advantageous, they will obtain DD infavour of APSHCL and take the delivery of materials.
On receipt of information for SHGs that their members have completed construction, both bankers and APSHCL authorities will visit the house. Utilization certificate will be furnished by banker to APSHCL.
Project Director, DRDA will overall monitor the scheme from time to time in District Consultative Committee (DCC) and Joint Mandal Level Bankers Committee (JMLBC) meetings and ensure proper as well as speedy implementation of scheme.
17. Documentation / Stamp duty / Equitable mortgage :
The documentation should be simple and only one application format should sufficient the requirement of all the organization.
Possession certificate can be obtained from Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) either by village secretary/ SHG.
Possession certificate/ D – form patta will be treated as title deed and equitable mortgage can be taken by banks for the purpose of this scheme
Banks shall also simplify documentation procedure and ensure speedy disbursement of the amount.
Stamp duty is exempted on all the documents to be taken under the scheme vide orders issued by Government in G.O.Ms.No.419, Revenue (Regn.&Mdls) Department, dt.11.7.2002.
18. NABARD will refinance loans given under the scheme as per norms.
Resolution by Self Help Group
Our Self Help Group (SHG) , resolves following members of one group are interested to take up housing programme having under credit cum subsidy scheme and the particulars are given below.
We certify that
1. Income of above members is less than Rs.32000/- per annum.
2. Above members possess house site pattas.
3. That the member / their spouses have not availed any house under IAY / WSHP earlier.
4. That lands proposed for housing are not encroached government land.
We also further ensure prompt repayment of loan from members and also supervision of construction to the best of the satisfaction.
Signature of Group Members.
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
// ATTESTED //